ClearView Communities (CVC) is a private residential treatment facility in Frederick, Maryland that serves young adults with persistent mental illnesses such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major depression and personality disorders (www.clearviewcommunties.org). CVC seeks an experienced clinician to join a team of devoted professionals in an ideal long-term therapeutic community. Any therapist that is interested in working towards impressive recovery and return to independent function for these individuals will enjoy the environment we have created at CVC.
ClearView Communities is accredited by CARF as a Residential Treatment Program for adults with mental illness, age 18+.
We seek a full-time therapist but will consider applications from individuals interested in part-time work. Attractive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and credentials.
Minimum requirements include:
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Psychologist
• License to practice in the state of Maryland
• 5+ years experience treating clients with persistent mental illnesses or personality disorders
• Advanced training in Dialectical Behavior Therapy or Psychodynamic Psychotherapy preferred
• Experience with inpatient or residential care preferred
• Experience supervising other psychotherapists is desirable
• Experience with group psychotherapy and/or family therapy is desirable
At ClearView Communities, we firmly believe recovery from mental illness IS possible. That means developing an understanding of one’s own illness and developing self-awareness of behaviors, which are both essential to making changes. There is a process by which people with psychiatric disabilities rebuild and further develop their important personal, social, environmental and spiritual connections..., and learn to confront the effects of stigma. ClearView Communities knows that each resident brings valuable contributions and internal resources to the recovery process. We seek to assist individuals in utilizing these resources through a resident-centered approach.