Psychiatrist is responsible for direct patient care in Behavioral Health and Chemical Dependency units at Bon Secours Community Hospital in accordance with CMS, Joint Commission, OASAS, and OMH standards and guidelines. Provide consultation liaison to medical floors, nursing homes, and Emergency Department. Performs telepsychiatry services with St. Anthony Hospital.
* Provides primary patient care on Inpatient Mental Health Unit and chemical dependency unit
* Attends Court Proceedings as needed for legal proceedings associated with patient care
* Serves as Consultant and Liaison with Medical Floors, Emergency Department, and Nursing Homes
* Provides Tele-Psychiatric Services with St. Anthony Hospital
* Provides on call services one night a week and 1 weekend a month
* Completes Peer Reviews with insurances carriers to determine medical necessity and prior authorizations for medications/care
* Oversees compliance with electronic records and accurate billing for each encounter
* Works with Administrator regarding Policy and Procedure, Utilization, and Productivity
* Meets Psychiatric Core Measures accurately and timely
* Completes Psychiatric evaluations and discharge summaries within 24 hours
* Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
Experience: Completion of psychiatric residency; inpatient treatment preferred
Education: M.D. with Board Certification in Psychiatry and/or Addiction preferred
Licenses / Certifications:
If applicable, the individual performing this job may reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise universal precautions, use personal equipment and devices, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group
Bon Secours Charity Medical Group, part of Bon Secours Charity Health Systems (BSCHS), a regional network of more than 120 primary care physicians and specialists from a broad array of medical specialties. BSCHS, a member of WMCHealth Network, includes Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, NY, Bon Secours Community Hospital in Port Jervis, NY and St. Anthony Community Hospital in Warwick, NY.
WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on eight campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region’s only acute care children’s hospital, an academic medical center, several community hospitals, dozens of specialized institutes and centers, a state of the art Telemedicine program, skilled nursing, assisted living facilities, homecare services and one of the largest mental health systems in New York State, today WMCHealth is the pre-eminent provider of integrated healthcare in the Hudson Valley.